Monday, November 9, 2009

So you had a bad day.



You would think that after the day I've had I would have gone to bed the second I walked in the door, but alas, it's almost midnight and I'm still awake and only thinking about dreaming. It's been one of those days where I woke up knowing that absolutely nothing would go my way. I woke up exhausted already, with the red eyes to prove it. I was doing the 'wow these jeans really shrunk in the dryer' stretches when my jeans ripped. Thank you second pair of jeans for staying strong until I could find myself to a close Express. Then I was late to work and the day with the kids was long. I came home ready to just lay on the couch and watch bad television until.............. the satellite doesn't work. hmmmmmmmmm.

The roomie and I called our local satellite expert, Brian, the seventh grade teacher, who said his was working fine. We did some inspecting with Brian outside in the 6 degree temperature only to realize that our coax cable had been cut. Twice. Once right by our apartment and once right by the satellite. Obviously whoever did this knew exactly what they were doing. As if the gods were speaking, my new neighbor walks by and we tell him what's going on. He was like, well that's pretty funny because I just got city cable today. Wait a minute!!! We put two and two together to realize that the moron cable guy cut our line going from the satellite to install our neighbor's cable. I couldn't believe it! WTF!!! Who does that?!??!??!?

So after I'm livid and convinced my day can't go any worse, Jenny and I sit down to watch Frost/Nixon. I, of course, burn the popcorn, but I still have high hopes for the movie. No kidding - during every climatic part the movie stopped. The dvd was bad. And then we didn't even get to watch the last two chapters because the dvd would NOT PLAY. I was just like... seriously? seriously? I'm going to bed now. Right now.

But I'm still awake. So I'm going to bed now where I will hopefully dream about a better day tomorrow. And life in around 40 more days because then I'll be getting off a plane in sunny South Carolina!

I will sleep good tonight, in a nice, warm comfortable bed with no one beside me. For all of this I'm grateful for though, and I have to keep reminding myself this - because a lot of my kids will sleep on the floor tonight maybe sharing a blanket with their multiple brothers and sisters in a cold house. It's sad, but it's reality here.

peace, love and lots and lots of hugs,

Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment