Monday, September 7, 2009

Culture Camp Pictures

It's a holiday, so I'm ready to head home from school and chill out for awhile before preparing for tomorrow's actual lesson. I did want to leave you with a few images of last week's culture camp. It was a great experience for both me and the kids... and most definitely a bonding trip for my class as a whole. Like I've said in older posts - we berry picked, scaled and cut fish, berry picked some more, and jumped on the tundra. Oh we also stared at caribou through the binoculars. That was incredibly exciting as well... and ate eskimo pudding, moose and caribou. Delicious!


Enjoy the pics... my third graders are definitely a handful, but in these pictures they're most definitely disguised as "cute."




yummm blueberries. I'm telling you - I doubt those made it to her bag. They are that good.


Dried fish = it's how so many people eat fish out here and it's absolutely delicious. My mouth is watering just staring at it now. Community potluck is this week... there will be plenty. Come one, come all :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey, This is just wonderful! Dad & I are so very proud of you. We will be looking each day to see if you have added anything. It is so hard for us to understand how different life must be like for you up there-and how hard-but we know you will conquer it all w/a big gorgeous smile as usual. Your blog will make it so much more real for everyone. Love you so very much, Mom

    ReplyDelete