Sunday, September 6, 2009

Jenny Pink: the new roommate

So I have a fabulous roommate named Jenny Pink and you guessed it: her favorite color is most definitely pink! We get along really well... and living together means our rent is crazy cheap, so that's an added bonus as well. She teaches first grade right across the hall - and by teach - I mean she spends a lot of time simply chasing them around all day. At times both of us feel like professional babysitters because of the lack of discipline these children have had over time. She's a lot of fun though - graduated from Eastern Michigan last year, first year teacher... we laugh together, she spends a lot of time crying about the craziness that is life and we watch a lot of One Tree Hill - her favorite show. I'm much more into now than ever simply because the eye candy is so fabulous on it.
A lot of people have asked if there are a lot of people out here my age and you guessed it - the answer is pretty much no. I normally just hang out with Jenny and another guy, Darren, when I have free time. Darren's pretty awesome - he makes delicious food - I heart his omelets and just the other night he showed up with porkchops and ice cream. Now one can not begin to fathom how great it is to have someone show up at your door with ice cream until you think about how rare it is to actually have ice cream out here. I was seriously having dreams of Marble Slab and Ben and Jerry's at Christmas when voila! there he was with a quart. Magic. I know. It also helps that he's pretty fun to look at, is smart and has an awesome sense of humor, but alas friends, there's no love connection there. We laugh way to much for that. Oh yeah - the lady that lived in my old apt before me apparently had a thing for penguins and he needed a toothbrush holder, so we dressed it up and made it pretty for him. But seriously - the penguin set was just a little to funny.. I mean I know we're in the arctic and all, but really? Really? Is that necessary?
There's also another girl here around my age named Michelle. She teaches 6th grade and is pretty nice, but she doesn't come around all that often.
So what do three 20 something's do in the tundra for fun when the most you can drink is a Coke? Well now - the other night we did Mad Libs and on Friday night we engaged in a few happening games of Bullshit. It is kind of nice though, you know, to realize that you can go back to the more simple things and just laugh.
So that's the friend's update. I'll be discussing the food delicacies in just a second...

No comments:

Post a Comment